Become a globally focused, strategic marketing leader.
Taught 100% online, our International Marketing MSc will equip you with the skills you need to compete in the global marketplace and catapult your career.
- 16th in the UK for Marketing – The Complete University Guide, 2022
- Top 15 in the UK for Business & Economics – Times Higher Education World University Ranking by Subject, 2023
- Delivered from our EQUIS & AMBA accredited Business School – the most trusted accreditations for business schools globally
- Accredited by The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) for the purpose of gaining CIM qualifications through the Graduate Gateway
Course start dates
There are six start dates every academic year, providing maximum flexibility for our students.
January | March | May | July | September | October
International Marketing MSc (online) fee: £12,240
Find further information on fees and funding below.
International marketing specialists are highly prized across sectors, helping businesses diversify their customer base and unlock revenue in new markets.
With 10 globally focused modules, our online Masters in marketing has been designed to build this sought-after expertise. On the course, you’ll develop a deep understanding of the international marketing landscape and how to tailor strategies for diverse countries and cultures.
The course also has a strong focus on data analysis – equipping you with the technical and strategic skills required of senior decision-makers. Through practical exercises using best-in-class analytics software, you’ll learn how to source, track and interpret key metrics, helping you develop robust marketing plans grounded in data.
The course concludes with a practical consultancy project. You can conduct this for your workplace or an organisation of your choice, offering the chance to demonstrate your new skill set and leadership ability to current or future employers.
Our International Marketing MSc (online) is a part-time course which can be completed in as little as two years, with the option to extend this to four should you need to pause your studies.
For further information, download our course brochure.
Please note, we also offer an on-campus version of our International Marketing Masters or an online Marketing Analysis and Consultancy Postgraduate Certificate (PG Cert).
With over four years’ experience teaching the online International Marketing MSc to hundreds of students, we know how to deliver an exceptional distance learning programme. Alongside 24/7 access to our Virtual Learning Environment, you’ll benefit from live and interactive sessions with academics in every module, allowing for personalised 1-2-1 tutoring.
Other benefits of our online International Marketing Masters include:
- its global focus, ensuring you graduate with the skills to develop an integrated international marketing strategy for multi-national corporations or SMEs looking to expand
- its comprehensive scope – in addition to modules on data analysis and digital marketing, you’ll gain core skills in marketing research, ethical marketing, consumer psychologies, international branding, and more
- its practical approach – while you’ll acquire a solid grounding in marketing theory, you’ll also apply this knowledge in ‘simulation’ tasks and the final consultancy project which can take a work-based focus
- its CIM accreditation, allowing you to gain CIM qualifications through the Graduate Gateway
- its multinational student cohort – over two thirds of each class join us from outside the UK, bringing valuable regional perspectives and the chance to grow a global network of marketing professionals
- its flexible nature, enabling you to complete your studies around existing life and work commitments from wherever you are in the world.
The Chartered Institute of Marketing is the world’s largest organisation for marketing professionals, providing globally recognised qualifications and membership.
Our International Marketing course is accredited by the CIM for the purpose of gaining CIM qualifications through the Graduate Gateway.
This allows you to gain further professional qualifications in fewer steps from a highly respected industry body once you graduate.
For more information, contact the Study Online Admissions Team on +44 (0) 1273 019311 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All modules are designed to enhance your international marketing expertise and develop your strategic, analytical, management and consultancy skills. They include:
- Global marketing management
- Global business environment
- Global consumer behaviour
- Marketing research
- Marketing ethics
- Marketing analytics & metrics
- International business and marketing strategy
- Business analysis tools & managing consultancy projects
- International branding & communication strategy
- Digital marketing
- Analysis and consultancy project part 1 & 2
Each module lasts for seven weeks, and students should allow for 20 hours per week for study time.
The course uses multiple methods to assess students’ knowledge, competence, development, and engagement through individual and group exercises, such as written reports, simulations, essays, project reports, multiple choice questions, and portfolios. An indication of the likely assessment methods for each module are given here, although these may be subject to change.
Assessments must be completed within the module teaching period for students to progress through the course/to the next module. The final module assessment deadline usually lands on the Monday of Week 8.
This online International Marketing course is part-time and can be completed in a minimum of two years. You’ll have the opportunity to step on and off the course providing you complete it within four years from enrolment.
A lower second-class (2.2) undergraduate honours degree or above from any UK university or international equivalent.
Students with relevant professional experience will also be considered for the online International Marketing Masters.
Applicants whose first language is not English (and whose first degree was not taught in English) need to supply evidence of IELTS (Academic) at a high level (6.5 overall, including at least 6.0 in each component).
Total Masters course fee: £12,240
Cost per module: £1,020
Course fees will remain fixed for 24 months from your initial course start date. Thereafter, the course fee will rise at a rate of 2.5% per calendar year (subject to rounding for administration purposes).
Students can take a break in their studies after each seven-week module. This applies to all modules except for the Analysis and Consultancy Project Part 1 and 2. This is a double module of 30 credits involving 14 weeks of study in total. This means you must study part 2 straight after part 1 without any breaks.
Students are permitted to pay for the module in 2 parts if they wish. If choosing to split payments, students need to:
- pay the first half at the start of the module
- pay the balance by the final week of teaching.
Any students who fail to pay by this time will have their final assessment and overall module mark withheld until payment has been made.
20% alumni discount
If you have previously graduated from an undergraduate, postgraduate or PhD course with the University of Sussex, you will be eligible for a 20% discount on the online International Marketing MSc course*.
Our online International Marketing MSc opened doors to new job opportunities for student Nolan Clack and gave him the confidence to pursue new career goals.
Find out more
"Studying online at Sussex gives you the same benefits as a campus student - library access, student ID, academic support, it’s literally like being on campus every day. I’m thrilled I chose this option, I feel proud to be a member of the Sussex University community."Naylette Di Venere International Marketing MSc (online)